Volunteer position available with Ashley’s Rise Junior Morris
Ashley's Rise is a thriving junior Morris side for boys and girls aged 8-16yrs.
The side is currently growing with 10 members on the register and most people
attending regularly. There is also a waiting list for 6/7yr olds. We practice on
Tuesdays during term time from 6.15-7.15pm at Horfield URC on Muller Road,
Horfield, BS7 9RE.
The ideal candidate will be aged 18-25yrs old (but don’t let that put you off if
you are a bit older!). You will need:
• To be able to get yourself to practices
• To be able to attend regularly on Tuesday evenings and be available for
• To be fit to dance!
• To be interested in young people from all backgrounds
• To have an interest in traditional English dance and seasonal customs
• To have a broad, open and flexible approach to your own learning
• To be willing to commit to one year with the group to allow for your own
training and integration into the side (team)
In exchange we can offer you:
• The chance to work with the Country’s leading junior Morris side
• Dance training through the Morris dance for fitness and fun classes on
Mondays and Tuesdays (as available)
• A chance to be involved in local events as well as opportunities across the
It can be hard work sometimes but it is mostly a lot of fun and Ashley's Rise is
made up of very interesting young people.
Ashley's Rise keeps ahead of good practice and in line with legislation this
position is subject to an enhanced CRB check. We can sort this out for you
if you do not already have one. Pending receipt of the document you would be
required to sign a statement to say that there is no reason why you cannot work
with young people.
If you are interested in the above position please contact Kim Woodward either
by email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 0117 940-1566 / 07813 346819